The Corowa Shire Council provides a range of local services to local residents, business and industry, developers and investors as well as to visitors to our area.
The mission of the Corowa Shire Council is to provide for a range of community needs and encourage environmentally acceptable development in the region.
The Council's key objectives are to:
1. Administration - To employ effective management and income generating systems for the benefit of the community.
2. Community Development - To provide a safe and healthy living working and recreational environment.
3. Environment - To protect and preserve the sensitive environment of the Corowa Shire Council area.
4. Roads and Transport - To develop and maintain a safe and efficient road and transport network throughout the Shire Council area.
5. Tourism - To promote the development of tourism and tourist facilities, whilst preserving the Tourism features of the Shire Council area.
6. Economic Development - To promote economic development in a way that balances development with environmental issues.
The Council achieves these objectives by planning for their future operations and directions outlined in their three-year Management Plan.
Council has various Departments that manage and are responsible for achieving the Key Objectives and provide services to the Shire's residents.
The Shire's Departments include: Engineering, Environmental Services, Corporate Services and the General Manager. Council also auspices the Corowa Visitor Information Centre, Social Community and Cultural Planning as well as Business and Economic Development Unit.
Council is involved in many activities including although not limited to: Family Day Care, Health and medical, Tourism, Arts and culture, as well as Youth activities and programs.
For more information on Council, its role and services please contact the Shire on 02 6033 8999.